The new Aeron Chair, an evolution of an ergonomic revolution
When designers Bill Stumpf and Don Chadwick set out to create a chair that was health-positive, cross-performing, inclusively sized, and environmentally sensitive, they arrived at a design unlike the world had ever seen. Aeron demonstrated a pioneering step in ergonomics and material innovation, and provided a comfortable solution without the standard use of foam, fabric, or leather. It changed people's perception of what an office chair could be and in doing so it soon found a place in popular culture.
Fast forward to the present, and the same criteria serve as the foundation for a whole new Aeron. While its iconic form has remained largely unchanged, the Aeron Chair has been remastered from the casters up to meet the needs of today's work and workers. With the help of original co-designer, Don Chadwick, we thoughtfully updated the chair based on the latest research around the science of sitting, and advancements in materials, manufacturing, and technology.
Updates include a more refined tilt mechanism, adjustable PostureFit SL, and 8Z Pellicle suspension, the new Aeron performs better than ever before so you can too.
- Zonal Support - New 8Z Pellicle offers unprecedented comfort through eight varied zones of tension in the seat and back. To better envelope the sitter, the tightest zones keep the body off the frame and in the chair, while more compliant zones conform to the sitting bones and distribute weight evenly.
- PostureFit SL - Adjustable, individual pads support the sacrum and lumbar region of the spine to mimic a healthful standing position and prompt the posture that keeps you strong while you sit.
- Aeration - The 8Z Pellicle suspension material allows air, body heat, and water vapor to pass through the seat and back to help maintain even and comfortable skin temperature.
- Natural Movement - An updated tilt mechanism delivers a smoother trajectory and optimal balance point to keep people in control of their movement throughout the entire range of recline.
Just as iconic films and albums are updated for new mediums, standards, and audiences, Aeron has been remastered to meet the needs of today's work, workers, and work environments. By coupling co-designer Don Chadwick's vision with Herman Miller's latest research around the science of sitting, the new Aeron works smarter than ever before.
Warranty: 12 years, 24 hours use.
Herman Miller Aeron Chair
In stock, while supplies last.
Or 4-6 weeks for delivery/pick up.
Work Chair New. Standard Height Range Pneumatic Lift. (A SIze Chairs have low height lift). Adjustable Tilt Limiter and Seat Angle. Fully Adjustable Arms. Non-Upholstered Arm pads.
- Back Support Option : adjustable posturefit SL (ALP)
- Frame Finish : graphite (G1)
- Chassis Finish : graphite (G1)
- Base Finish : graphite (G1)
- Casters/Glides : 2 1/2" caster, black yoke, hard floors or carpet (C7)
- Armpad Finish : black (BK)
- 8Z Pellicle : 8Z Pellicle-Pr Cat 1 (231)
- 231_Colors : 8Z Pellicle graphite (03)