Sayl Chairs, Designed by Yves Behar
Fewer parts, less material, and still everything a good chair should be
Good design, healthy support, and exceptional value are always attractive and Sayl delivers all three. By using smart engineering to transform simple materials, we were able to make Sayl attainable for more people. Fewer parts and less material also mean a smaller environmental impact. Sayl designer Yves Behar and our development team considered and reconsidered every part of the chair and, in the end, created a better, smarter chair that sets the reference point in its class for quality, performance, and design.
Sayl's unframed 3D Intelligent back lets you stretch and move, striking a healthy balance between support and freedom. The elastomer strands vary in thickness and tension to provide greater support in the transition areas along the spine and less everywhere else, to encourage a full range of seated movement.
The foundational shell of the upholstered work chair mimics the 3D Intelligent suspension, providing similar dynamic support in a more traditional back. An optional lumbar support is available on both work chair models and provides adjustment over a four-inch range.
Inspired by suspension bridges structures that deliver the most using the least material Yves Behar applied the engineering principles of these amazing structures to create Sayl. The chair's Eco-Dematerialized design uses less material in more inventive ways to provide ergonomic support for people up to 350 pounds (159 kg).
Sayl's unframed back and Y-Tower support create a striking visual aesthetic that reveals both the designer's inspiration and intent. Whether you choose the full-suspension or upholstered back, an expressive color palette gives you plenty of options for personalizing your chair.
This chair available to the Canadian Federal Government under Supply Arrangement E60PQ-120001/ 019/PQ.
Rotary Office Chair Attributes:
- Headrest: Not included
- Backrest Height: Standard Back
- Lumbar Support: Adjustable
- Armrests: Fixed T Arms
- Seat Depth: Adjustable
- Seat and Backrest Locks: Lockable or Stoppable in Multiple Positions
- Tilt Mechanism: Concurrently
- Upholstering: Back Breathbale Material /Seat Fabric
- Green Chair Recognition: Yes
Attributes included but not governed by SA
- Arms shown as fixed on Supply Arrangement because arm adjustability does not conform to SA requirements for a "Height/Width/Swivel Adjustable "T" Arm". Sayl arms move 4" vertically, 1 3/8" horizontally, 2" front-to-back, with armpads that pivot 11 degrees inward and 11 degrees outward.